19 September 2012

Harvey: Hitting Some Major Milestones!

First of all, I am on the move. Please be patient, Mum will get the video together soon so you can see... but I am doing a fantastic worm-like crawl. Though it is not the most intuitive of movements – it totally gets me around. In the mean time, here are some snaps that show how I am pulling myself up. 
Me next to ‘the kitchen’ (shout-out to Baba and Gido for transporting it to NY from Sask almost three years ago!). I love to play in this spot. Not sure if you can tell, I am about to wash my hands in this photo.
This next little series of photos shows how expertly I can pull myself up. Seriously, I have the grip of an experienced mountain climber; look at the little lip on that table – totally in my grasp!


Unfortunately there is no photo of it – but I did my initial ‘pull-up-to-a-standing-position’ about 5 days ago... and now I am doing it ALL THE TIME. Yup, days shy of 7 months, and I was on this task like white on rice (Mum apologises for the boastfulness of this entry... but she is so proud!). My best work is done in the bathroom, pulling myself up on the tub and also on the toilet. Seriously, pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment