17 August 2012

City of Brotherly Love: Day 2

Here are a few reasons why we liked Philly so much:
1) It is a really great walking city... You can explore on foot, and the downtown area is really nice. 
2) For some reason all the restaurants seem to have a real ‘Amigo’s’ vibe... 
3) It has a rich sense of history that is evident in the architecture.
4) It is very picturesque!
5) The Roots are from there! (one of Mum's fave bands)

Back to day two... we started with a swim. 
This is a photo from the hotel’s website (sorry, did not get a proper shot), and if I could have, I would have SLEPT in the pool. 

After a swim, we walked through chinatown and got to a nice little playground that had a carousel.
 Harvey on the swing...

 More carousel...
After ANOTHER swim, we took a bus tour of the city. It was GREAT – and although I may not have understood everything the tour lady told us – I had a good time.
Philadelphia’s City Hall.
 Me again.

And then, we went to this cool restaurant for supper called El Vez. It was very delicious, and they had a fun photo booth. 
Dad and I had great success in the booth....

...but the ones with Mum, Harvey and me did not work out so well (this is the only one where you can actually see my face). Oh well! It was still fun. 

One last thing: did you know that someone comes into your hotel room and makes the beds? And gives you new soap in a package? I could not believe it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment